Bad Moon Rising
3 November 2006
It’s another full moon and this time the girls are prepared. They decide to moon proof Emma’s house and camp out there for the night. Things seem fine until a glimmer of moonlight from a quickly shut door lands on Rikki. Her powers start to boil everything dry and she accidentally burns Emma. Rikki escapes to Mako so she won’t put anyone else in danger, but there she finds she dries up and burns everything too. Zane, who has been haunted by nightmares of the sea creature who saved him from drowning, is on the hunt to find it. While on his search, Zane sees flames coming from Mako and goes to investigate. He finds Rikki, and under the influence of the full moon, they kiss, causing Zane to pass out from dehydration. The girls arrive with Lewis and quickly take Rikki to the only place Miss Chatham said they’d be safe – Moon Pool.
- International Airdates:
- Denmark: March 22, 2008 on Jetix
- Poland: September 30, 2007 on Jetix
- This episode aired in the United States on May 30, 2008.
- Eliot is mentioned but not seen.
- This episode premiered in New Zealand at 6 p.m. on the 29th of April 2007.
- The title of this episode is a reference to the song "Bad Moon Rising" by popular 1960's rock group Creedence Clearwater Revival.
- Lewis refers to Mrs. Chatham's behavior as a "Yoda Act." Yoda was a character in Star Wars.
- When Rikki heats up the water (in a moon pool), the water once again boils, just like all the other times. But this would mean the temperature of the water is close to 100 degrees Celsius, hence it is not survivable.
- First time Rikki and Zane kiss. Also, while they kiss, a ring of fire rises around them.
- Third time a moonstruck girl kisses someone.
- It's third time on the girls becomes moonstruck.
- Lewis: So that's the thanks I get? I gotta say it hurts, it hurts right here. (Puts his hand to his chest)
- Lewis: Don't go all independent - female on me, I just spent $40 at the hardware store!
- Rikki: Did I get a little too much moon last night?
- Emma: Yeah, you could say that.
- Emma: Cleo, does my bum look big in this?
- Rikki Chadwick - Cariba Heine
- Emma Gilbert - Claire Holt
- Cleo Sertori - Phoebe Tonkin
- Lewis McCartney - Angus McLaren
- Zane Bennett - Burgess Abernethy
- Miriam Kent - Annabelle Stephenson
- Nate - Jamie Timony
- Donald Sertori - Alan David Lee
- Neil Gilbert - Jared Robinsen
- Lisa Gilbert - Caroline Kennison
- Wilfred - Ariu Lang Sio
- Louise Chatham - Christine Amor