Catch of the Day
21 July 2006
Emma and Rikki love being mermaids and exploring the underwater realms but Cleo, with her fear of water, still won’t go in. Out on one of their amazing mermaid adventures underwater, Emma and Rikki save a sea turtle from a fishing trawler’s net, and they are mistaken for sharks! The trawler belonged to Cleo's father, and was skippered by Eddie. A shark hunt ensues. Cleo overcomes her fear of water to save another turtle but finds herself trapped in a fishing net. Emma and Rikki free her just in time. Cleo is saved and has also discovered how amazing it is under the sea as a mermaid.
- International Airdates:
- Denmark: February 9, 2008 on Jetix
- Poland: September 9, 2007 on Jetix
- This episode aired in the United States on March 16, 2008 on Nickelodeon.
- It is the first time Cleo is in the sea as a mermaid.
- It is the first time we see Don as a fisherman.
- It takes an extremely long time for Cleo to be raised up when she's captured.
- Cleo: There are more important things than seeing how long you can hold your breath for and frolicking with the dolphins.
- Rikki: I don't frolic! I glide!
- Lewis: Rikki and Emma told me about your dad.
- Cleo: Great! So now the whole world knows my dad's a criminal. What would you do Lewis?
- Lewis: I'd change my name and move to the country... but that's just me.
- Cleo: You're no help.
- Cleo: He denied everything, it's really awful. I mean, what could I say? "I know you're lying dad, 'cause my mermaid friends saw you fishing close to the nesting beach."
- Rikki: He was using illegal nets too.
- Emma: It's true, and they didn't have those grid things in them.
- Cleo: This just gets worse and worse.
- Cleo: What's going on?
- Emma: We've been... you know... swimming.
- Rikki: It's the best thing, the reef is out of this world!
- Cleo: That's great, so has anyone been able to finish that calculus homework? Question 7's a nightmare.