November 3, 1988
Leongatha, Victoria, Australia
Number of episodes
Angus grew up on a dairy farm near Leongatha, Victoria. It has been said he is a keen sportsman, excelling at cricket, swimming and AFL football and used to date H2O co-star Indiana Evans between 2006 and 2012.
McLaren got his first role as Jason Cassidy in the Australian TV series Something in the Air when he was only 12 years old. Some sources say he got this role with no prior experience and everything was due to an impressive audition. Others say he has appeared in a number of amateur productions for the Leongatha Lyric Theatre, as well as school productions before he made the leap to professional work. Several recurring roles followed.
Then, in 2004, Angus was cast as Degenhardt Bell for the series Silversun which was his first main role. He then made a few more appearances and finally landed on the set of H2O: Just Add Water as Lewis McCartney. While still starring in H2O, Angus also takes part in Packed to the Rafters as Nathan.
|2000||Something in the Air||Jason Cassidy|
|2002||Shuang Tong||St. Louis Murder Victim|
|2002||Worst Best Friends||Eddie|
|2003||The Saddle Club||Darcy|
|2003||CrashBurn||Ben - aged 15|
|2002 - 2003||Neighbours||Jamie Clarke|
|2005||Last Man Standing||Brendan Barton|
|2003 - 2005||Blue Heelers||Brad Delaney|
|2006||Court of Lonely Royals|
|2006 - 2010||H2O: Just Add Water||Lewis McCartney|
|2008||All Saints||Angus Wilson|
|2008 - 2013||Packed to the Rafters||Nathan Rafter|
|2018||Home and Away||Lance Salisbury|
- He was Indiana Evans's boyfriend between 2006 and 2012. (Confirmed on Indiana's website)
- He looks up to his parents for inspiration.
- He doesn't mind working with the girls on H2O.
- Angus goes to the barn of his parents' for quiet time.
- Angus is a drummer in the rock band Ballet Imperial with Jamie Timony (Nate on H2O). The band were semi-finalists in Future Rock in 2005.
- Angus knows how to scuba-dive and didn't need a diving double in the episode "The Denman Affair".